The tubemill operator is responsible for processing raw material into tubing that will be used for exhaust. The tubemill operator will join coils with a buttwelder, run the coils into a floop, weld the ends of the coil, size the tubing, cut the tubing, flush the tubing, and de-dimple/de-burr the ends of the tubing. The tubemill operator will utilize skills in each of these areas. The tubemill operator will also perform basic troubleshooting skills to fix problems that arise, as well as changing diameters and setting up for the diameter changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tubemill operator must be able to handle all types of tools for set-up, changeover, and troubleshooting such as wrenches, pipe tape, snap gauges, calipers, ball micrometers, etc.
- Employee must be able to perform as a team member of the tubemill operations group, which requires the ability to learn each tubemill mill job and to rotate to all three work functions as needed.
- Employee must perform the above within acceptable quality, productivity, performance, and safety standards.
- Employee must perform safety checks and basic preventative maint. On the forklift, floop, crane and milling equip. daily to assure that everything is in a safe, good working condition. Operator must fill out all safety forms required.
- Employee must manufacture quality tubing at the required specification as defined in the Ligonier Quality Standards book, as well as follow the production schedule as outlined by the area production leader.
- Must be able to operate a crane and forklift to transport material to desired locations. This includes moving raw material, finished product, dumping scrap hoppers as needed and cleaning sludge and sump pit areas.
- Perform setup and changeover of mill equipment as required; which includes change or adjustment of pipe length, cut-off jaw and blade, de-dimpler plug, size-end of roll, clean and set printer, etc.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Overtime as required/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and report problems and assist production leader, engineer, and engineering tech. with problem-solving and take corrective action as directed. Operator will be required to perform in cell level BOS to help identify these problems and measure performance.
- Clean equipment and maintain cleanliness in surrounding work area. Operator will need to continuously work to achieve a higher level of 5S.
- Perform SPC using visual and gauge inspection, make adjustments as needed to assure that all tubing meets quality standards, and complete charts and forms as required.
- Must follow all ISO/TS16949 guidelines as outlined in all PMP's and WLQ documentation.
*This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, machine manuals, charts, forms, and safety regulations
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate machines and ability to perform basic preventative maint. And minor repairs.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Knowledge and application of SPC, visual quality inspection, and use of various gauges such as calipers, ball micrometers, pie tape, etc.
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment.
- Posses high school diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain crane, and fork-lift license in timely manner, which includes a medical certification by a Tenneco provided medical professional
- Tubemill area on manufacturing plant floor
- High noise levels
- Wet, slippery floor in some areas
- Fast-paced work environment
- Steam and fumes from coolant tank
- Varying temperatures (cold to hot)
- Extensive standing, walking, reaching, upper body twisting, arm and hand motion
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Good visual ability
- Frequent skin exposure to chemical-based fluids such as coolant, lubricating oils, etc.
- Exposure to coolant steam and fumes.
EDUCATION: Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled